Frequently Asked Questions
ECO RUN Information
1. What is the objective of the NGC-NEA Eco Run?
The run aims to empower our youths to lobby adults by raising awareness on environmental sustainability through recycling and adopting environmentally-friendly lifestyle.
2. What are the event details?
Date: 20th April 2013
Time: 8:30am – 12 noon
Venue: Bishan – Ang Mo Kio – River Plains (Grand Lawn 1)
3. Is there an age limit to participate in the run?
The run is catered for youths aged 13-25 years old. For purpose of age verification, the age of the participant will be based on the year of birth from 1988 to 2000.
4. Where will the Start Point be located?
The Start Point is located at Bishan - Ang Mo Kio Park - River Plains (Grand Lawn 1).
5. What are the run categories?
2.5km & 5km categories.
6. Is the National Geographic Channel – National Environment Agency Eco Run a competitive run?
No, this is a non-competitive run. However, participants can win awards through collecting the most amount of recyclables or pledges from friends.
7. Will there be markers to guide me along the route?
Yes. We will be having road marshals and signage to guide you along the route.
8. What if I am injured during the run or otherwise, unable to complete the run?
Participants who are injured and are unable to complete the run should approach the nearest route marshals or roving medics.
9. Will there be water points along the running route?
Water points are provided along the route but no disposable cups will be provided. Participants are strongly encouraged to fill up the bottle in run pack.
10. How to qualify for the awards?
Participants would need to fulfil the two requirements below:
(i) To contribute the most amount of recyclables to the Run OR to obtain the most number of pledges from supporters online
(ii) Complete either the 2.5km or 5km run
Registration Fee and Runner’s Entitlements
1. Is there any registration fee?
No, there is no registration fee. However, registrants are required to chalk a minimum of 5 points through contributing recyclables or garnering pledges from supporters to be eligible for the race entitlements.
2. What are the race entitlements if I register?
The first 1,000 successful registrants will be entitled to a run pack comprising of a race t-shirt and stainless steel bottle.
3. When will the Run pack be distributed?
It will be distributed on the event day itself.
4. What will I receive if I complete the National Geographic Channel – National Environment Agency Eco Run?
All participants in this 2.5km and 5km run will receive a digital Certificate of Participation after the run.
1. When does the registration begin and end?
Registration opens on Wednesday, 13th March 2013 and will be closed on Wednesday, 17th April 2013 or when the first 2,000 applicants are reached, whichever is earlier.
2. How will I know if my registration has been accepted?
You will receive an e-mail confirmation within 03 working days upon your successful registration.
3. What should I do if I do not receive the confirmation e-mail after 03 working days?
Please inform us at “Contact Us” On the Eco Run website. We will reply you within 03 days.
4. If I cannot attend the event even though I have registered for it, can my friend take over the place?
No, the registration is strictly non-transferrable.
5. What if I am late for the run?
Participants who fail to register within 15 minutes before the official flag off time will not be allowed to join for safety reasons. However, they may proceed to join in the activities at the carnival.
6. Do I need to submit an indemnity form if I’m below 21 years old?
Yes. The indemnification agreement is part of the Waiver & Release Form. Parents / Guardian need to complete the section and participants will need to submit it upon registration at Eco-Run. You may download the Waiver & Release form Here!
7. If I forgot to bring the Waiver & Release form on registration, am I still allowed to participate in the run?
For participants 21 years old and above: Yes, we will provide the Waiver and Release form for you to fill up. You will have to fill up the form before you are allowed to participate. For participants below 21 years old: You will need your parent’s / guardian’s signature on the form before you are allowed to participate.
8. Is there a baggage check-in area where I can deposit my belongings before the run starts?
Yes. However, due to the limitation of space, all participants are advised to carry the minimum essentials to the event and a small bag to contain the items. The organiser shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever to the lost of baggage by accident or theft.
9. Can we sign up as a school?
No, sign ups would have to be done individually. Every participant would need to read, understand and agree the Terms and Conditions of participating in the Run. However, we encourage schools to submit more students to the Run so that more recyclables are recorded under the school’s record.
10. Is there a maximum number of students that my school can send?
No, there is no maximum number of students that a school can send but places are limited to 2,000 pax only. Sign-ups will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
RECYCLABLES SPONSORSHIPS & PLEDGES
1. As a sponsor, is there a limit to how much recyclables I can sponsor my friend/family who is a participant of Eco-Run?
2. How do I qualify to win the Most Recyclables Collected Award?
Participant who has accumulated the most number of points from the recyclables submitted to Eco-Run by themselves or from family and friends will win the award.
3. How do I qualify to win the Most Pledges from Friends Award?
Participant who has accumulated the most number of points from the pledges received from family and friends will win the award.
4. How do participants collect the recyclable items?
Participants would need to collect the recyclables on their own (either from their daily use / from friends and families).
5. Do the participants bring the recyclables to the event venue?
No, collection of the recyclables will take place on the 13th of April (Sat) from 10am to 5pm at 5 locations spread across Singapore. Participants can refer to http://ecorun2013.com/get-involved.php under the ‘Collection of Recyclable Items’ section to find out the nearest collection points for them to submit the recyclables.
1. How do I get to the venue?
Nearest MRT station is Ang Mo Kio Station (NS16).
By Bus from Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange
133, 136 and 262
All motorists are advised to park at the nearby Bishan – Ang Mo Kio Park Carpark or HDB Block 309B Multi-Storey Carpark located opposite the Multi-Purpose Plaza of Bishan- Ang Mo Kio park. There will be limited lots available at Bishan – Ang Mo Kio Park carpark.
1. Besides the run, are there any other activities?
We will be having a Eco-Carnival and concert to keep the fun going! To ensure that this event is eco-friendly, all participants will be encouraged to stay on for a litter-picking session to ensure that the event area is kept clean© 2013 National Geographic Channel. All rights reserved